Monday, September 19, 2011

Advocare MNS, Max C & Max E Review

I decided to write this blog entry because when I searched the web I could not find any real reviews on the Advocare products. So I decided to post my own review on the products that I've tried...

Okay, some years ago I tried an Advocare product called Advocare MNS Platinum. It was a 14 day supply (like most of their weight loss products) of a boat load of pills. Although, I must say the MNS Platinum worked like a dream. I included it into my diet and exercise plan and I literally lost like 15lbs within the 2 weeks of taking it. I thought that was insane but the weight loss was real. That was around 2003/2004.

I've been working out and dieting lately wanting to lose some post pregnancy pounds so I thought hey, let me look up this product again and include it once again in my work out regimen. I go to the Advocare website and of course everything has changed. They no longer offer the MNS Platinum. They now have Max C and Max E. I'm wondering what happened? I almost feel like the MNS Platinum formula may have had Ephedra in it which of course is now banned. So I thought... well, let me try the Max C first which is suppose to control appetite. The results: nothing. I lost no weight and I felt like I was taking a bunch of pills for nothing. You literally take about 12 pills by the end of lunch. This is ridiculous especially when I received no results. I think I would've done better without taking the pills because they reduced my bowel movements.

I decided to give them one last try in hopes of ordering the product that more closely matched the original MNS Platinum so I went with the Max E. I just finished taking my last day of pills and guess what ... I didn't lose any weight. Same results as with the Max C... lots of pills, minimal bowel movements. In case you're wondering I drank lots of water, ate a balanced diet and got plenty of exercise. Does it give you a boost of energy like it promises? Yes, the same way a couple of  cups of coffee will. It's a caffeine high. If all you want is an energy boost go with 5 hour energy. I've tried it and surprisingly the energy is very natural, no jitters or anything close to it. In my opinion the Advocare weight loss products are a waste of time and money. The company does not offer a money back guarantee or any type of guarantee for their products. You can't call the company if you have a question. You can only submit your question(s) through their website. I have submitted 2 separate emails via their website and no one has contacted me. You can ask a sales rep all the questions you want but they are just selling the product... their knowledge is limited. You have to remember they're running an at home business of selling this stuff.

Anyhow, you have been warned. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents for those of you who are searching the web for information on this stuff.

UPDATE...
I've been getting a few replies from people on this post who are replying as "unknown" to me and others who have previously posted replies. I won't publish your comment if you are choosing to remain anonymous. People seem to have interest in getting more info on this stuff so I need for responders to identify yourself for others to have the ability to reply and/or reach out to you...if not, I won't publish your comment. I'm sorry but the only positive responses I ever see are from sales reps. I see a conflict of interest in positive "testimonials" that seem to come from sales reps, don't you? To be honest, no one really trusts testimonials posted on a product's website either. Who actually reads those things (on any product's website) and says "Wow, not one bad review! I'm definitely buying this stuff!" C'mon man. People want the opinions of regular, everyday folks. That's where you hear the real info, the real experiences. I'm sorry if I don't want to hear the opinion of a professional athlete or a trainer. Unlike them, I don't live in the gym. I work in an office. I sit at a computer all day. I go home to a husband and two small children (a baby and a toddler). I get motivated when I hear stories from people like me. I'm sure many other people can agree.

UPDATE: MY FINAL WEIGHT LOSS (2015)

I decided to share my weight loss story HERE which I was able to achieve without using Advocare. I lost a total of 80lbs.


UPDATE 3/16/2016

Since my last post, I am still maintaining my weight loss. Yay me! I posted this Advocare review years ago and ever since have constantly gotten responses to it. I'm glad to see that people are getting results using their products but what doesn't change is the fact that I didn't. It's kinda silly when people send me messages trying to rationalize why I didn't get any results or try to tell me what I should or should not have done. My main focus was to share my experience with the product because doing a search on the web for any real reviews lacked big time. I have yet to get a comment from someone telling me something I don't already know. No product is perfect (even the best ones) so stop trying to make people think Advocare is. I'm not saying it doesn't work for anyone, it just didn't work for me.

The only reason I allow many of the comments on this post is so other people who come to this post (from their web search) can read others' stories. Sometimes real information is hard to come by.

34 comments:

  1. Thank you, this has been helpful! I'm currently on day 3 of the MNS Max E and find all it does is make me jittery, nauseous, and dizzy. Ugh. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's disapointing. I was highly disappointed after having such great results with the MNS Platinum product they had years ago. As a follow for weightloss, I decided to go to a weightloss clinic and they prescribed me an appetite suppressant (that had zero side effects) which worked like crazy. It made me not hungry at all which could be dangerous in the wrong hands but this helped me to eat right, drink more water, make my work outs more effective and not have me craving the wrong stuff (sugar, starches, etc). It's amazing what an appetite suppresant can help you do. In the end, I spent what I would've spent on the Advocare products only this time I lost weight. ;)

      Delete
    2. I wish I would have seen your blog before- I literally JUST ordered mns c. Can you share what appetite suppresant worked for you?

      Delete
    3. The appetite suppresant is called Phentermine. I'm pretty sure you can only get it through a doctor and some type of weightloss center. I received mine through a wellness and weightloss facility. I literally had zero desire to eat so I was able to eat my correct portion sizes along with eating all healthy foods. Zero cravings to snack which has always been my problem.

      Delete
    4. I started the MNS Max e today and I tried to workout and I had to stop because I felt really nautious and jittery! I am not sure about this product as it seems mysterious. I read about a review up at the top about ephedra being in the the Platinum product and they had great weight loss results. I would imagine that product did have the ephedra supplement in it! This product could also be dangerous as there are not many reviews about it, and we cannot contact anyone who has expertise on it. So that tells me one thing, that is shady! I am done using it after today.

      Delete
    5. Yea, I could never find any reviews on it that didn't involve someone selling the product. Complete waste of money.

      Delete
    6. I have tried msn E and C i think, 3 boxes of the E and nothing! so frustrated. I was starting to feel alone in my un happiness with advocare, everyone I know swears by it but it has been disappointing and EXPENSIVE for me. I did lose 3 lbs doing the cleanse,but shute I am sure i could do that for less on my own!

      Delete
    7. I completed the cleanse and right after dinner the first day of Max Phase I had shortness of breath, lightheadedness, and nausea. I also got a quick bought of diarrhea. Felt back to normal an hour later. I have no health issues, am big on working out and was up to my gills in water. I don't play when it comes to the heart. I had very little appetite however one episode like that is enough to put it in the garbage. I'm home alone with my small children for long days. I couldn't imagine passing out or suffering a heart attack while here alone with them.

      Delete
  2. I just Googled side effects for MNS E because I have done the Advocare 24 day Challenge before, but it includes the Max 3. This time I ordered just the 10 day cleanse and MNS E separately (to save money and I knew Omega was included w/ MNS packets...didn't need it for "free" with 24 day Challenge Kit...).
    After my 1st pack of pills this a.m. I was EXTREMELY(!!) jittery. Then I ran 3 miles at lunch and after that have been light headed/nauseous all afternoon. Very woozy and yucky. So from the ingredients it must be the tea - 2.5 cups of coffee. I am not a big caffene consumer at all, so this must be a shock to me.

    I agree that 1 thing I do not like about the Challenge is taking all the "horse pills" as I call them. BUT my OB told me I needed to drop a few pounds (I am not overweight, but my metabolism is slowing with age...boo). So my goal is to drop 10-12 so solid pounds.
    Having said all that, I would caution others on the MNS E...jittery and unhappy stomach. Thank you for you Blog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving some input on your experience. I'm sure others will appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. Generally they tell you to begin with the MNS3 because it is the most comprehensive for the average person trying to jumpstart weightloss. I believe in the products as a women with hypothyroidisum it works wonders on my energy level and my performance in the gym and workouts have improved tremendously. I have lost 30lbs and am losing steadily on my terms moving closer to my goal... and I have the support of my coaches who are there to answer any of my questions. I love the cleanse and do it every 90 days. The other MNSE and C are for those who (after trying the 3) feel they need a little more appetite control or need more energy. For caffeine sensitive people certainly consulting with the person who introduced you to the products to determine caffeine free alternative will benefit you. It is a GREAT product line with quality nutrition. It beats shopping at the vitamins store around the corner with thousands of unregulated products on the shelf. It is not for everyone I understand but please get all the facts before putting down a product that have helped thousands of people. In Good Health!

      Delete
    3. My husband just allowed his 15 yr.old order the pills n some drink supplements from max3.whi h I think is the stupidist thing he's ever done.and she's not even over weight.!!!

      Delete
  3. Nina,

    First I want to apologize that you had such a bad experience...and a lot of bad information. First, AdvoCare DOES offer a ONE YEAR money back guarantee on ALL their products! (form below)
    http://advocarecorporate.s3.amazonaws.com/microsite/downloads/pdf/retail_return.pdf

    Also....the human body is not a cookie cutter pattern, with us all the same. There are three different MNS types, to take care of different needs. The MNS 3 is typically where we start people, becauswe its focus is general health. MNS C is for helping more with carb cravings, and less focus on general health or energy, while MNS E gives the MOST focus on energy (therefore making some people "jittery").

    Charlie Ragus who founded the company didn't choose to go through general sales methods because he WANTS you to have a distributor to ask questions and get coaching from to avoid such complaints, or lack of results. Also, over 25% of products from general health stores tested positive for banned substances. Usually its a minimum wage kid recommending these products, as well.

    AdvoCare also has a Science Medical board, with Dr Stanley Dudrick for example, who pioneered intravenous feeding. This saved MY life in 2006!! I certainly will trust HIS credibility!!
    Other doctors listed below:
    https://www.advocare.com/science/scimedboard.aspx

    We even have one doctor who left our science medical board to join our sports advisory council so he could also sell products. His video is below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKxdFR4Zhe4

    My point with all this....is do your OWN research. And....keep in mind that you may have only had a bad experience because of bad coaching. If there are more questions I can assist with....and I will answer with VALID LINKS to encourage your OWN research, find me at
    www.FitThruMyself.com

    Nina....best of luck on your goals. Remember to drink at least a gallon of water a day! This alone is a bit of a "reset" to your body :-)

    And....fish oil is one of the MOST crucial supplements to take....here's Dr Oz on our fish oil (Omegaplex)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp51TIji_Do

    Thanks,

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never read anything about a money back guarantee. If I did, I would've probably requested to get my money back. That was something I wanted to know but no one ever responded to my emails. I hate it when companies have a "Contact Us" section but never respond. It's frustrating.

      Delete
    2. Nina, the above comment is correct. There's a 100% money back guarantee on the products. The best way to get your refund is to contact the person you bought the products from. If you bought them straight from the Advocare website, use the "Contact Us" button.

      You should have spoken with someone who's familiar with the products before you bought anything, they could have led you in the right direction and saved you from the frustration.

      The issue I see with your first comment is that you NEVER did the cleanse before starting on the MNS products. You must clean out all the junk in your body before you can start filling it back up with quality nutrition. Throwing pills at a bad diet and/or unbalanced nutrition won't get you anywhere. Also, as others have mentioned it's suggested you start with MNS 3 then adjust from there.

      For those who got "jitters" from the products.. don't take the pills that give you "jitters".. lol. They have online catalogs of every MNS package they have, it will tell what pills do what, don't take the ones that "increase energy" OR take MNS 3 and you won't have to worry about it.
      I lost 16 lbs in 14 days using these products, so I know they work. Another suggestion is using the product called Catalyst along with the MNS of your choice.

      If I were you, I would contact Christina above... she will get you going in the right direction.

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    Your Blog is quite impressive. I was searching this type of information. Advocare Cleanse diet could also be a good herbal supplement that may promote a healthier and fitter you.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I came across your blog entry - I just finished the 10 Day cleanse and only lost 2 lbs - very disappointing. I followed their program (no cheating - no dairy, no caffeine, beef, etc) and I worked out every day for at least 30 minutes. Feels like I could have gotten the same result with eating clean and working out without the supplements. I'm now in the "Max" phase of the program, second day, and so far, it appears to not agree with me. I'm hearing tons of gurgling in my stomach and intestines and cramping - something that I would have expected with the cleanse - not this phase. I also feel that taking this many pills is ridiculous - I feel like a pill-popper. I'm going to give it a few more days and see if my body gets used to it, if not, I'm returning it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it was just too many pills for me for limited to no results. It would be different if all of those pills were giving something I couldn't do on my own. I guess it works for some but not me.

      Delete
    2. To Nina and Pamela: I have used this product too and did not experience much "weight" loss but did get drastic changes in inches lost. Did you take measurements before and after using the products? Since muscle weighs more than fat, you cannot judge your results on pounds lost alone.

      Delete
    3. I just did the 10 day cleanse and lost 6 lbs. I am on my first day of MNS E and do fill a bit different but nothing to write home about. I think everyone's body is for sure different. On the cleanse I didn't work out, I did eat clean though, and drank red wine two of the nights lol and i still lost weight. What works for someone doesn't work for all. My energy levels are way up which is the main reason why I wanted to start something like Advocare. I have done Isagenix before and Advocare is better in my opinion.

      Delete
  6. Hi to everyone. I started the 24 day challenge in Feb. Lost a total of 17lbs by day 24 and continued on product to lose a total of 25lbs and 8" of body fat. I feel amaing. My wife has lost 11 lbs and my 20 yr old daughter has lost 10. No side effects what so ever. We will NEVER go off of the Advocare products. We have never been so Healthy. I have a tumor on my pituitary gland which I was diagnosed with 2 years ago and instead of having the surgery I chose to deal with the daily headache EVERY morning of my life which lasts until about 11 or 12 o clock each day. Since day 4 of being on Advocare, I havn't had that miserable headache. Truly a Blessing!!! Just wanted to post my results so far. Been on product now for 4 months and we all feel amazing! Good luck to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.facebook.com/philip.m.gallo

      Delete
  7. Same Here! I Did The 24DC Back In April Lost 9Lbs 10IncH During The Cleanse And 5Lbs And 4Inch More In The MaX Fase, I Was On Mns3 In TheBeggining And Felt Nauseous So I Contact My DistributoR She Ask Me to Stop And She exChange Them To The mnsE They Been Doing Wonders! I Havent Gain And Lost 2 More Lbs But I Have Lost 15 More Inches Total Of 16Lbs And 29Inches In Less Than 3 Months. I Truly Recommend The Products. Advocare Its Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So..I have tried the Mns max 3 and Spark. Can I tell you I hate Spark. It actually works well, but it is so stinkin sweet...and I don't do sweet. So I stick with my coffee. The Max 3 actually worked really well for me. In at two month time I lost about 5-8lbs. It didn't really suppress my appetite much- I typically eat pretty healthy meals and in health portions, but I have a low metabolism and keep weight on due to career and mommy stress. It certainly worked no miracles, but it was a steady and slow weight loss. It is very expensive to keep it up, however... I have a close friend of mine that has been taking Max 3 for about a year now and dropped from size 10 to size 6 with light exercise because it did curb her appetite significantly. The Max 3 also increased my need to utilize the restroom on both accounts. I tried the MNS C- it reduced my need to use the restroom and I didn't feel the benefits I felt with Max 3 and the weight loss completely stopped while taking it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.... I don't know what is up with all the above reviews but let me tell you my story. So far, I've lost 91 lbs! I started on Advocare on May 8, 2013, I did the 24 Day Challenge. I was not a representative or anything for the company. I did exactly what I was told to do, I ate exactly what my Advocare coach told me too, the food plan, the shopping list, etc. I lost 23 lbs and 10 inches in the 24 days. I felt FABULOUS. I stayed on the Max Phase plan, because I wanted to lose alot more weight. I started working out, (cardio, and light weights in June 2013.) I continued to lose, started working out with a personal trainer in July 2013 (this is my entertainment budget, for now) 3 x per week, and I work out on my own 2-3 days per week more, for a total of 5-6 days. I work FULL-TIME in an office, at a desk job. I drive to work 67 miles each way, each day, up at 4am, leave my house at 5:15 am to be at work at 6:30am. I leave work at 3:30, go straight to the gym. I get home most nights between 7pm - 8pm. Yes, I realize it is a crazy schedule, but my kids are grown and in college, my husband is very supportive of this weightloss journey of mine. To date, Feb. 14 2014, I have lost 91 LBS! I totally believe 100 % in the Advocare products, the support, the people and the company. There is a toll free number to call with questions, I've called many time and spoke with a person right away. I don't know why you would say there is only an email.

    Feb. 2013 (I don't remember the EXACT date) I weighed 296 lbs at the doctor's office.
    May 8, 2013 (when I started my 24 day challenge) I weighted 280 lbs.
    Feb. 14, 2014 I weigh 205.

    I have gone from a size 24 to a size 14. I've lost 80+ inches all over my body. 10+ inches alone from my waist.

    Just as with any program, you get out of it what you put into it. Clearly, when you started the Advocare, you thought just taking the 'pills' would be the magic trick. You also need to modify the food you eat. I decided to eliminate dairy and gluten from my diet, just by my personal choice, to see what would happen. I eat fairly much on the Paleo plan or clean eating.

    91 lbs is ALOT of weight to lose. I did it without surgery, and I am darn proud of myself, and I really do believe that the Advocare system works. You should give it another chance, but this time use an Advocare coach to guide you in what to eat, what NOT to eat, etc. There is not such thing as a 'magic pill'.

    Contact me if you want.... Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, I just sent a reply but I'm assuming it didn't work since I don't see it but here it is again. Way to go!!

      Delete
  10. I'm glad to see that other people are experiencing weird side effects too, which may not be a good thing. I'm currently eating healthy and exercising for one hour daily in addition to using the Max MNS C. I have been on it for a week and I definitely have increased energy and lower appetite, but the nausea bowel problems are awful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not know if this blog is still being used? BUT Id like to share my story.

    I started the 24DC in Feb 2014. The first week I lost 10lbs by the 6th day. I was not working out yet, and was just eating 3x a day where I never ate breakfast.

    From Feb to now June 18, 2014 I lost 15 lbs. after the 24DC I started usuing the MNS products. I did find that I had more energy BUT I do feel like its not helping me with my weight loss.

    MOST importantly, I started noticing huge pimples on my face, where I only got a pimple here and there that time of the month. I have scars on my face from the pimples. I also have pimples on my arms. From the top of my arm everywhere and a few on my forarm. Its very embarrassing that it is now summer and I cant even wear tank tops.

    Not only did I get the pimples on face and arms, BUT ive lost a great deal amount of my hair!!! I use to have thick hair. Now its thinned out and everyday when I wash my hair. A lot comes out in the shower and in my comb.

    This is why I was researching side effects to see if anyone has experiencing this as well. Im just seeing that people have had rash break outs.

    I contacted my cousin who is a distributor for Advocare and she said for me to check my thyroid out, which I have not yet done. but all this has started after a month or two after using the advocare products! I have 2 boxes left of MNS and I will prob return them to try and get my money back!! Ive spent soooo much money on these products if I had to guess id say $1,000.

    Like ive read above, I guess everyone is diff and will react differently to these products.. Good luck to everyone !

    if anyone has a similar story please feel free to contact me at my email Lawblue413@aol.com thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  12. When my parents were young people, they ate three square meals a day, with desert after dinner every night and there wasn't junk food everywhere like there is now. They stayed slim and all us children were normal weight (I'm 63 and still slim). That was the old days. Why don't people just do that now instead of all this weird body-abusing stuff? Taking drugs to get rid of the results of junk food eating?? Wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been on Advocare for 2 months now and find the results AMAZING!!! I love this stuff, I do have to say you have to find which product works best for you. Just like with anything your body is going to react diffrently to different products. I did the slim my first month and lost 13 lbs. I am now doing MNS C and so far so good, I also couple it with a better diet and I workout now 3 times a week. I have no complaints.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been a distributor for several months now but haven't had the motivation to sale until I finally purchased the 24 day challenge. A good friend of mine started the challenge with me. We are on day 17 and I have lost 9lbs and she has lost 8. It took this challenge for me to find my motivation. I haven't had any problems with my bowels and even though I have been battling Bronchitis for over a month and a sinus infection for a week, working 10hr shifts at a local hospital an on my feet most of those 10 hrs, working overtime, and still have been making it to the gym at least 3 days a week. I have to give my props to the challenge. You may not publish this since I'm a distributor and that's fine but I do have an opinion as well and just because I sell it doesn't mean I will lie to push my product. I can't stand for someone to push something on me so I just don't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi my name is Christopher and I live in Eastern Kentucky. I would like to say that supplements react in different ways when ingested by different people. I respect your review but you lack of weight-loss after taking Advocare really only means that the Advocare formula is not for your body. Advocare has helped me tremendously. I have lost nearly 40 pounds but recently have hit flat land. I am having to change my diet, increase some supplements and change some all together. Again I am not trying to disrespect you or your expeirence, just try and remember that health is personal and your results or the lack of are as well.
    Sorry for any typos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stumbled across this post...just wanted to say you look amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you very much for your post. I actually was looking for reviews (as you stated not by the company) to see if this stuff is really even 'safe'. I think the way you went about it is the best way and you look great!!! I just question the whole 'miracle pill' thing and if there was such a thing -- I would think everyone would be taking it and we would all look the same... skinny LOL.. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete